ELECTRIC LADYLAND (NM/NM) 1st Press Blue Text A1/B1 UK 1968The Jimi Hendrix Experience
ELECTRIC LADYLAND (NM/NM) 1st Press Blue Text A1/B1 UK 1968
V1 cover with blue text in gatefold
The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Electric Ladyland
Label: Track Record – 613008/9
Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
Released: 25 Oct 1968
Media: Near Mint (NM or M-)
Sleeve: Near Mint (NM or M-)
Very exceptional record and vinyl and cover in like new condition no marks, no rips, absolutely stunning copy. Blue Text inside.
- First press with V1 (Version 1) gatefold sleeve, featuring the controversial image (censored by some outlets at the time) of naked ladies on front/back.
- Cover spread has 'unwrapped/floating' gloss laminate applied, matt print areas left exposed at the two cut edges where the albums insert.
- Gatefold opens to view inner spread (glued to outer cover's inside tabs as separate element). Gloss laminate exposing matt areas on all four edges. (Effectively, the sleeve is a flattened 2-piece cardboard tube).
- Hendrix portrait on right-hand side (Back cover behind it).
- Large sepia images of Redding & Mitchell on left (Front cover behind it), with blue tracks/credit text below them. "Track Record" logo center, E.J.Day print data to left. Erratic use of upper & lower-case in titles.
- Discs in poly-lined white paper punch-hole sleeves. "Patent no 800513 & 973939" "Made in England 108"
A1 And The Gods Made Love
A2 Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)
A3 Cross Town Traffic
A4 Voodoo Chile
B1 Little Miss Strange
B2 Long Hot Summer Night
B3 Come On
B4 Gypsy Eyes
B5 The Burning Of The Midnight Lamp
C1 Rainy Day, Dream Away
C2 1983... (A Merman I Should Turn To Be)
C3 Moon, Turn The Tides... Gently, Gently Away
D1 Still Raining, Still Dreaming
D2 House Burning Down
D3 All Along The Watchtower
D4 Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)
Arranged By – Jimi Hendrix (tracks: A1 to A4, B2, B4 to D4)
Bass – Jack Cassady* (tracks: A4)
Congas – Larry Faucette (tracks: C1, D1)
Cover – David King (7)
Drums – Buddy Miles (tracks: C1, D1)
Engineer – Eddie Kramer, Gary Kellgren
Flute – Chris Wood (2) (tracks: C2)
Horns – Freddie Smith (tracks: C1, D1)
Organ – Mike Finnegan* (tracks: C1, D1), Stevie Winwood* (tracks: A4)
Photography By [Cover & Hendrix] – David Montgomery (4)
Photography By [Mitchell & Redding] – Donald Silverstein
Piano – Al Kooper (tracks: B2)
Producer, Directed By – Jimi Hendrix
Written-By – Dylan* (tracks: D3), Earl King (tracks: B3), Hendrix* (tracks: A1 to A4, B2, B4 to D2, D4), Noel Redding (tracks: B1)
Produced in auto-coupled sequence
Disc 1: 613008 Side A; Cat# (613008 A) [inverted over 613008]
Disc 1: 613008 Side D; Cat# (613008 B) [inverted over 613008]
Disc 2: 613009 Side B; Cat# (613009 A) [inverted over 613009]
Disc 2: 613009 Side C; Cat# (613008 B) [inverted over 613009]
Defect in matrix stamping on this early issue, altered by hand.
This typical vinyl is:
Side A: 61300##8 A//1 12 10
Side D: 51 61300#8 B//1 1
Side B: 10 61300#9 A#//1 1 ("10" has the '1' backwards, or it's an oddly stamped "CJ" upside down)
Side C: 61300#9 #B#//1 12 10
[The #, #8 or #9 indicates scratch-out]
Matt texture 'Version 1' labels with additional inverted catalog in parenthesis.
Titles: This UK issue has no suffix to "Come On", "The" is prefixed to "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp" and "Cross Town" appears as two words.
Matrix / Runout (Side A: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300#8
Matrix / Runout (Side D: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300##8
Matrix / Runout (Side B: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300#9
Matrix / Runout (Side C: # denotes scratch-out (See Notes)): 61300#9
Other: Auto-coupled release